Software for combining mono and color

Les différents softs utilisés pour le VA
Répondre
Rickster

Message par Rickster » lun. nov. 04, 2019 7:08 pm

Is anyone aware of software that will overlay or stack mono (grayscale) exposures and one shot color (OSC) exposures in real (or near real) time? Here is what I would like to do. I have two telescopes on the same mount. One has a color camera and one has a mono camera. I would like to simultaneously take and stack exposures from both cameras/telescopes. I would like to do this because I get the best sensitivity and detail with a mono camera, but mono loses a dimension without color. So, I would like to be able to colorize the mono image using a second telescope/camera.

clouzot

Message par clouzot » lun. nov. 04, 2019 7:46 pm

I’m pretty sure SiriL would be able to do that, provided you write the scripts for it.
Celestron C9.25 Evolution ou AVX — HyperStar v4 — ZWO ASI183MC — Focuser MicroTouch + Celestron Motor Focuser
Sharpcap — CPWI — ASICap
Avex Magenta, Bortle 8 (en ville) — Avex Orange, Bortle 5 (sur la colline)

Ubuntu

Message par Ubuntu » lun. nov. 04, 2019 7:50 pm

Yes... for sure no soft exists at the moment... would certainly need a bit of programing :D
Dobson XT10, Objectif Lomo 120mm & 50mm, caméra Risingtech IMX385

Rickster

Message par Rickster » lun. nov. 04, 2019 8:06 pm

I understand from searching Cloudy Nights that Pixinsight will do it in post processing. But I haven't figured out what it would take to make it work for live stacking. I am good at building hardware projects and not so good at building software.

Thanks for the tip on Siril. I hadn't heard of that one. I will look into it.

clouzot

Message par clouzot » lun. nov. 04, 2019 8:13 pm

I cited SiriL because I know it’s already been used for live stacking, and it also supports preprocessing images (darks, offsets and the such). So I gather there’s a pretty high probability that mixing luminance and RGB is doable before stacking
Celestron C9.25 Evolution ou AVX — HyperStar v4 — ZWO ASI183MC — Focuser MicroTouch + Celestron Motor Focuser
Sharpcap — CPWI — ASICap
Avex Magenta, Bortle 8 (en ville) — Avex Orange, Bortle 5 (sur la colline)

Steph

Message par Steph » lun. nov. 04, 2019 8:31 pm

It's hard to do it in real time,with each frames, especially if the camera and focal are differents, the processing time would be long.

But it's not difficult to combine a mono and color final stack in Photoshop for exemple. The mono Stack (luminance channel) must have a bigger size (in pixel) than the color stack.

You can also do that in Pixinsight of course, and IRIS, who is good for this job.

If you have an exemple, I can try to make an action in Photoshop, I just need two .tif image delinearized 16it.
T300 f/2.9 - ASA Coma Corrector - EQ8 - Eqmod - TheSkyX Pro - Hypercam 294C PRO TEC Cooled - Zone AVEX jaune - Quick Imager
Site en construction: http://astronomy-outcast.com

Guimby

Message par Guimby » lun. nov. 04, 2019 8:43 pm

I've already seen this be done in photoshop, but not in live... Interresting subject!
Heq5 Pro / Eq3-2
Skywatcher 150/750 / SkyWatcher 72ED
Sony alpha 77II // Sony alpha 65 (défiltrage total maison) // Qhy5ii // ZWO Asi 1600mm pro
Focuser zwo / EFW mini
+ Toute une flotte d'objectifs divers

Rickster

Message par Rickster » lun. nov. 04, 2019 8:48 pm

I do have Photoshop (CS6, I think) on my astronomy computer. But I have not used it. The computer is built for this kind of work. It is a Dell T7500 workstation with 12 Xeon cores and 72GB of ram.

Steph

Message par Steph » mar. nov. 05, 2019 8:56 pm

Rickster a écrit :
lun. nov. 04, 2019 8:48 pm
I do have Photoshop (CS6, I think)
It's good with CS6.

Here an exemple with a very simple Photoshop action in step by step mode for you to understand...sorry @Rickster but in french.

Two images, one for luminance with details, and one for color (no need details, only enough colors), not the same size, not the same angle, with a strange sky... but remember, it is necessary to have enough common pixel for a automatic alignement.
combine.jpg
and the Photoshop action video
T300 f/2.9 - ASA Coma Corrector - EQ8 - Eqmod - TheSkyX Pro - Hypercam 294C PRO TEC Cooled - Zone AVEX jaune - Quick Imager
Site en construction: http://astronomy-outcast.com

Rickster

Message par Rickster » ven. nov. 08, 2019 5:21 am

Excellent Steph! Thank you. I will be giving Photoshop a try.

Répondre